Kiritsuke: In a traditional Japanese kitchen, the kiritsuke is a single beveled knife reserved only for the head chef to use. Now it has become a popular 50/50 beveled all purpose knife that can replace the gyuto. Slice meat, chiffonade herbs, chop veg, this knife is a bad-ass alternative to the gyuto.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
**MEASUREMENTS ON ALL TAKEDA'S KNIVES WILL VARY**
- Steel: Aogami Super (Blue Carbon) Clad in Stainless
- HRC: 63~64
- Length: 240mm
- Height at heel: 66.5mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 2.3mm
- Weight: 188g
- Handle: Wa-Octagonal Rosewood w/pakka-wood collar
- Edge/Bevel: 50/50
- Shape: Kiritsuke
- Finish: Kurouchi
- Blacksmith: Shosui Takeda
- Place of Origin: Niimi, Japan