Santoku: A well-rounded knife that can accomplish a lot of cutting tasks. The santoku is the most common knife shape you’ll find in kitchens worldwide, and it excels at slicing, dicing, and mincing. Think of it as a cross between a Gyuto (chef knife) and Nakiri (veg knife). Generally short in length, 160mm-190mm, the santoku is a superb knife if work space is an issue.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: SG2 Powder Stainless Steel
- HRC: 63~64
- Edge Length: 165mm
- Height at heel: 50.30mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 2.11mm
- Weight: 134g
- Handle: Wa-Octagonal Wenge w/Buffalo horn collar
- Shape: Santoku
- Finish: Damascus
- Cladding: Stainless Clad
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife line: SG2 Damascus
- Blacksmith: Nigara Hamono
- Place of Origin: Hirosaki, Japan