Kiritsuke: In a traditional Japanese kitchen, the kiritsuke is a single beveled knife reserved only for the head chef to use. Now it has become a popular 50/50 beveled all purpose knife that can replace the gyuto. Slice meat, chiffonade herbs, chop veg, this knife is a bad-ass alternative to the gyuto.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: SG2 Powder Stainless Steel
- HRC: 63~64
- Edge Length: 253mm
- Height at heel: 50.5mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 2.14mm
- Weight: 190g
- Handle: Wa Octagonal Wenge w/Buffalo Horn Collar
- Shape: Kiritsuke
- Finish: Damascus
- Cladding: Stainless
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife line: SG2 Damascus
- Blacksmith: Nigara Hamono
- Place of Origin: Hirosaki, Japan