Santoku: A well-rounded knife that can accomplish a lot of cutting tasks. The santoku is the most common knife shape you’ll find in kitchens worldwide, and it excels at slicing, dicing, and mincing. Think of it as a cross between a Gyuto (chef knife) and Nakiri (veg knife). Generally short in length, 160mm-190mm, the santoku is a superb knife if work space is an issue.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: VG10
- HRC: 60~62
- Edge Length: 190mm
- Height at heel: mm
- Spine thickness above heel: mm
- Weight: grams
- Handle: Octagonal Zelkova w/Red Pakka Collar
- Shape: Kengata Gyuto
- Finish: Tuschime/Damascus
- Cladding: Stainless Clad
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife Line: Sakai Takayuki Wa 33 Layer
- Maker: Sakai Takayuki
- Place of Origin: Sakai, Japan