Petty: Often called paring or utility knife, the petty knife is made for smaller cutting tasks. An indispensable tool in any knife kit, it excels at cutting herbs, slicing garlic, dicing shallots, peeling fruit & veg, and even de-boning certain cuts of meat or breaking down poultry. Petty knives can vary in size (75mm -210mm) and shape.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: VG10 Stainless
- HRC: 60~62
- Edge Length: 150mm
- Height at heel: 29mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 1.8mm
- Weight: 90 grams
- Handle: Western Style Red Pakka/Welded Bolster
- Shape: Petty
- Finish: Tsuchime/Damascus
- Cladding: Stainless Clad
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife Line: 33 Layer Damascus
- Maker: Sakai Takayuki
- Place of Origin: Sakai, Japan