Nakiri: A double bevel knife designed specifically for taking care of vegetable prep. The nakiri is quite recognizable for it’s flat profile and squared off nose. This shape is designed for the push/pull chopping and slicing style. Generally these knives are ground quite thin for refined chopping, an entremetier essential.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: VG10 Stainless
- HRC: 60~62
- Edge Length: 165mm
- Height at heel: 46.84mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 1.8mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- Handle: Western Style Red Pakka/Welded Bolster
- Shape: Nakiri
- Finish: Tsuchime/Damascus
- Cladding: Stainless Clad
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife Line: 33 Layer Damascus
- Maker: Sakai Takayuki
- Place of Origin: Sakai, Japan