Sujihiki: English translation, “flesh slicer”. Designed to make slicing meat as effortless as possible, the short height and generally thin blade on the Sujihiki are intended for the user to make a slice with one clean motion.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: VG10 Stainless
- HRC: 60~62
- Edge Length: 240mm
- Height at heel: 34.9mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 1.7mm
- Weight: 187 grams
- Handle: Western Style Red Pakka/Welded Bolster
- Shape: Sujihiki
- Finish: Tsuchime/Damascus
- Cladding: Stainless Clad
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife Line: 33 Layer Damascus
- Maker: Sakai Takayuki
- Place of Origin: Sakai, Japan