Chinese veg cleaver: A favourite knife utilized heavily amongst Chinese chefs. They tend to be quite tall for julienne push/pull style chopping. They are quite handy for smashing garlic into a paste, and other quick jobs. Try not to be intimidated by the size, they are a joy to use.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: VG10 Stainless
- HRC: 60~62
- Edge Length: 195mm
- Height at heel: 84.4mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 2mm
- Weight: 362 grams
- Handle: Western Style Red Pakka/Welded Bolster
- Shape: Chuka Bocho
- Finish: Tsuchime/Damascus
- Cladding: Stainless Clad
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife Line: 33 Layer Damascus
- Maker: Sakai Takayuki
- Place of Origin: Sakai, Japan