Santoku: A well-rounded knife that can accomplish a lot of cutting tasks. Think of it as a cross between a Gyuto (chef knife) and Nakiri (veg knife). Generally short in length, 160mm-190mm, the santoku is a superb knife if space is an issue.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: Aogami #2
- HRC: 63
- Edge Length: 165mm
- Height at heel: 52mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 2.8mm
- Weight: 143 grams
- Handle: Wa-Octagonal Magnolia w/Buffalo Horn Collar
- Shape: Santoku
- Finish: Nashiji
- Cladding: Stainless
- Construction: San-Mai (3 Layers)
- Knife Line: Sakai Kikumori Nashiji
- Maker: Sakai Kikumori
- Place of Origin: Sakai, Japan