- Do not put your knives in a dishwasher, always wash by hand.
- Use a soft sponge or cloth with mild dish soap and warm water. Avoid steel wool and other abrasive cleaners.
- Use a wooden or plastic cutting board. We recommend end-grain cutting boards such as these beautiful end grain Larchwood boards, or the high tech Hasegawa cutting boards.
- Do not cut through bones or frozen food as this could result in your knife chipping.
- Do not scrape your blade along the cutting board to move food to the side, this will dull your knife. Use a plastic scraper, metal bench scraper, or the spine of your knife to move food.
- Store your knives safely on a knife magnet, in a knife block or with a blade guard on. Make sure they are cleaned and dried properly before storing.
- Never use steel or diamond honing rods on your knife. Also avoid wheel or pull-through sharpeners as they remove too much steel and can damage your knife.
For more information, please read our knife care blog post!