Petty: Often called paring or utility knife, the petty knife is made for smaller cutting tasks. An indispensable tool in any knife kit, it excels at cutting herbs, slicing garlic, dicing shallots, peeling fruit & veg, and even de-boning certain cuts of meat or breaking down poultry. Petty knives can vary in size (75mm -210mm) and shape.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: White #2
- HRC: 61~63
- Edge Length: 150mm
- Height at heel: 31.4mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 2.98mm
- Weight: 84 grams
- Handle: Wa-Octagonal Japanese Pagoda
- Shape: Petty
- Finish: Kurouchi Tsuchime
- Cladding: Stainless
- Construction: San-Mai (3 Layers)
- Knife Line: Yoshikane White #2 Kurouchi Tuschime
- Maker: Yoshikane Hamono
- Place of Origin: Sanjo, Japan