Nakiri: A double bevel knife designed specifically for taking care of vegetable prep. The nakiri is quite recognizable for it’s flat profile and squared off nose. This shape is designed for the push/pull chopping and slicing style. Generally these knives are ground quite thin for refined chopping, an entremetier essential.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: SG2 Powder Stainless
- HRC: 63~64
- Edge Length: 170mm
- Height at heel: 51.8mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 2.15mm
- Weight: 213 grams
- Handle: Custom Western Ironwood
- Shape: Nakiri
- Finish: Kurouchi/Tsuchime
- Cladding: Stainless
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife Line: Kurouchi SG2 Ironwood
- Maker: Nigara Hamono
- Place of Origin: Hirosaki, Japan