Kiritsuke: In a traditional Japanese kitchen, the kiritsuke is a single beveled knife reserved only for the head chef to use. Now it has become a popular 50/50 beveled all purpose knife that can replace the gyuto. Slice meat, chiffonade herbs, chop veg, this knife is a bad-ass alternative to the gyuto.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: SG2 Powder Stainless
- HRC: 63~64
- Edge Length: 195mm
- Height at heel: 49.38mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 2.24mm
- Weight: 232 grams
- Handle: Custom Western Ironwood
- Shape: Kiritsuke Gyuto
- Finish: Kurouchi/Tsuchime
- Cladding: Stainless
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife Line: Kurouchi SG2 Ironwood
- Maker: Nigara Hamono
- Place of Origin: Hirosaki, Japan