Usuba: Single bevel vegetable knife. Think nakiri sharpened only on one side. Used for refined vegetable work. If you have ever watched the original Iron Chef TV show, then chances are you have seen someone prepping long sheets of radish or other veg using a Usuba.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: Aogami #2
- HRC: 63~64
- Edge Length: 150mm
- Height at heel: 47.8mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 3mm
- Weight: 178 grams
- Handle: Wa-Octagonal Ebony w/White Buffalo Horn Collar
- Shape: Usuba
- Finish: Etched Damascus
- Cladding: Soft Iron
- Construction: Single Bevel
- Knife Line: Nigara Aogami #2 Damascus
- Maker: Nigara Hamono
- Place of Origin: Hirosaki, Japan