Santoku: A well-rounded knife that can accomplish a lot of cutting tasks. The santoku is the most common knife shape you’ll find in kitchens worldwide, and it excels at slicing, dicing, and mincing. Think of it as a cross between a Gyuto (chef knife) and Nakiri (veg knife). Generally short in length, 160mm-190mm, the santoku is a superb knife if work space is an issue.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: White #2
- HRC: 61~63
- Edge Length: 170mm
- Height at heel: 45.9mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 3.5mm
- Weight: 168 grams
- Handle: Octagonal Snakewood
- Shape: Santoku
- Finish: Damascus/Mirror Polished Cutting Steel
- Cladding: Soft Iron
- Construction: Forge Welded Damascus
- Knife Line: Hyomon (Ice crest)
- Blacksmith: Takahiro Nihei
- Origin: Fukushima, Japan