Santoku: A well-rounded knife that can accomplish a lot of cutting tasks. Santoku translates to “3 problems”. The 3 problems in this case are slicing, dicing, and mincing. Think of it as a cross between a Gyuto (chef knife) and Nakiri (veg knife). Generally short in length, 160mm-190mm, the santoku is a superb knife if space is an issue.
Knife specs are taken from a randomly selected knife. These specs may vary from knife to knife due to the handmade nature of our products.
- Steel: VG10 Stainless
- HRC: 60~62
- Edge Length: 160mm
- Height at heel: 44.5mm
- Spine thickness above heel: 1.63mm
- Weight: 168 grams
- Handle: Western Style Red Pakka/Welded Bolster
- Shape: Kiritsuke/Santoku
- Finish: Tsuchime/Damascus
- Cladding: Stainless Clad
- Construction: San-Mai
- Knife Line: 33 Layer Damascus
- Maker: Sakai Takayuki
- Place of Origin: Sakai, Japan